10 benefits of A-rated windows
Published on 29 April 2020
To ensure your home is energy-efficient and a comfortable temperature all year round all Optic windows are double-glazed with a Window Energy Rating (WER) of ‘A’.
WERs measure a window’s energy performance; rating how much heat the window retains, how much heat a window gains through capturing sunlight, and how little air is lost through the window. It judges the whole window, so different frames will need different glass specs in order to achieve an overall window energy rating of ‘A’.
The biggest benefits of A-rated windows are…
- No temperature extremes: by regulating your home’s temperature, you can stay warm and cosy in winter and cool in the summer.
- Reduced energy bills: upgrading your old windows to modern A-rated windows will help you save you money on your heating bills, by reducing the amount of heat lost from your home.
- Better for the environment: windows with a high WER will help to reduce the amount of gas and electricity needed to heat your home, thus reducing your carbon emissions. – which is good for the environment.
- Minimise external noise: double (and triple) glazing can reduce unwanted outside noise to create a quieter and more relaxing home.
- Less condensation: condensation and misted windows and can be a problem, particularly in older houses. Updating your windows can lessen the build-up of excess moisture on the inside of your windows which causes mould and mildew and can lead to health issues.
- Virtually maintenance-free: you can fit and forget about them for years to come, as the only maintenance they need is a simple clean.
- Increased security: beef up your home’s security with super-strong double-glazed windows. Designed to discourage intruders and make your home more secure.
- Improved kerb appeal: updating your windows will instantly transform your home, giving it a fresh and modern new look.
- Add value to your home: new windows will add pounds onto the value of your home, making them a sound financial investment.
- Enhanced sale potential: if you are planning on moving, modern A-rated windows are sure to make your home more attractive to potential buyers.
Thinking of upgrading your home to A-rated Optic windows?
Available in uPVC or aluminium our windows are thermally-efficient and stylish, with designs to suit any home. To get a price simply complete the contact form and one of our friendly team will call you.